|Добавлено: Ср Июн 15, 2011 2:25 pm Заголовок сообщения: Rules of Team Battle 2011 (English)
The contest is opened for teams of 4 music video creators (no more and not less). Each team should make and present 4 videos in 4 previously selected genres (from the list of 8 genres in total). Choose genres from the list below and indicate your choice in the contest application. One creator can participate in one team only. List of proposed genres:
1) Inside Out - As if by some kind of magic, tragedy miraclously turns into comedy, arch-villain into sentimental romantic, boys into girls, hard hentai into touching and tender relations, Chobits into Timati...In short, it's not necessairly to make an alternative story, a complex character profile, etc., the main thing is to turn everything upside down.
Video examples: Something Wicked This Way Comes, Yakitate, ChillOut (Director's Cut), Amelie: The Plague 2, Carpathia Trailer
2) Monochrome - artistic idea should be expressed with a minimum amount of colours, two or three is a right choice. For the last year and a half there were a few very good videos based on sihlouettes, such as Bad Apple!, Say WTF, 107 Little White Silhouettes.
3) Parody of Original - the goal is to create the video sequence which is resembling or parodying the original, “official” music video for the chosen music.
4) Upbeat Party - fast beat and foot-tapping dances save the good mood! You have to make a dance video. Dancing characters or the characters moving to music, upbeat music track (trance, techno and other dance music) and overall mood of fun - any mix of these three ingridients will do. See the examples among Upbeat Party 2009 winners.
5) Not again! - Naruto to Linkin Park, Evangelion to Rammstein, Elfen Lied to Evanescence…is it still possible to make something edible from overdue ingridients? Is there anyone who can do something original and surprising under such conditions?
List of video sources for Not Again: Naruto (all parts), Neon Genesis Evangelion (all parts Bleach, Fullmetal Alchemist, Cowboy Bebop, Azumanga Daioh, FLCL, One Piece, Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Soul Eater, Excel Saga, Animatrix, Chrono Crusade, Death Note, Place Promised in Our Early Days, Ah! My Goddess, Serial Experiments Lain, Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu, 5 Centimeters per Second, Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children, Kara no Kyoukai, Love Hina, Samurai Champloo, KARAS, Ergo Proxy, Lucky Star, Bakemonogatari, Girl Who Leapt Through Time, EF - a tale of memories (all parts), High School of the Dead, Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch, Clannad, Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence, Ouran High School Host Club, Jin-Roh, Elfen Lied, DragonBall Z, Durarara!!, Black Lagoon, Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann, Toradora!, K-ON! (both parts), Black Rock Shooter
Music: There must be at least 7 music videos for the compositions of the chosen band in AMVNews site base. Among them: Linkin Park, Evanescence, Three days grace, Rammstein, Skillet, Celldweller, Nightwish, 30 Seconds to Mars, X-Ray Dog, Within Temptation, etc.
6) Trash – works of this genre include kitch, odd videos, as well as excessive lyric sync, Barmalino-style videos, etc. In short, anything that makes you exclaim “WTF???” and smile.
Examples: Welcome to the my head, Тёмное время дня, Щастье! [Happine$$], My Nightmare Totoro, Перекур, Сосиска.
7) Remaster – you’re supposed to make a good quality remaster of an existing video (yours or somebody elses’s). Name of the original creator must be mentioned in credits. When filling out the form, provide the link to original video.
8) Cross Over – this video must feature characters of at least two different animes (not two seasons of one anime, not two movies of a serie, not TV and OVA, but two completely unrelated animes). Furthermore, characters from different sources must interact with each other: fight, kiss, drink bear at the same table, etc., giving the impression of a solid, one-piece work.
Examples: Transcending Love, A Melody of memories, Birth Right, Curse, Pacific Coast Party, Nara, Dead Dreams, Muse, D-ON!, Tainted Donuts, winners of Cross-over 2010.
AMV News contest Team Battle 2011 will be held from May 1st till August 20th, 2011.
The contest consists of four phases:
1) Registration of participants till August 10th, 2011
2) Submission of videos from August 1st till August 20th, 2011
3) Showing of videos starts when enough entries are submitted to showcase continuously 1-2 videos per day.
4) The winners are decided by the joint judges' vote within 10 days after showing of the last contest video.
Contest video can be made either of anime movies, anime series and Japanese videogames or of manga, as well as of original art. Other footage is accepted only if it makes no more than 50% of the video. No restrictions on music styles. Videos premiered after May 1st, 2011 are eligible, as well as videos made specially for the contest. The contest video is eligible for participation in other contests. You must know exactly the title of anime/videogame used for your video, as well as the title of the music composition and the name of its performer.Unkown music and animes/videogames are not allowed. The length of contest video may not be less than 60 seconds (without credits). AMV News: Team Battle 2011 must be mentioned in the video, how exactly to mention is to participant's choice. A line in credits should be enough.
A video won't be accepted, if:
1) It does not correspond with the team’s selection of genres
2) There are significant compression artefacts
3) Footage is of poor quality
4) TV resolution of full version is far too low (320х240 or 352х288)
5) There are hard subtitles not justified by artistic intent.
6) Broken aspect ratio or interlace is visible in most parts of the video.
7) There are black bars on the top and bottom of the video (if those are not used in any way during the screening).
8) There are violations of Russian Federation legislation, in particular concerning the incitement of ethnic hatred.
Scoring of points.
The number of points scored by each team consists of three components
- a total of points scored by each team member in respective genre. Points the participant gets equal (N-POS+1) where N is the total numer of teams taking part in the contest, and POS is ranking of participant in the respective genre.
- a total of points scored by each team member in overall ranking. Points the participant gets equal (M-POS+1)*(N/M), where M is the total number of contestants, N is the total number of teams, POS is ranking of participant in the respective genre. (Note: the number of points decrease smoothly from N to 0)
- additional bonus for team intro, which equals (K-POS+1) where K is the number of teams with team intro, POS is the ranking of intro in voting for the best team intro.
Voting of judges
There will be one round of voting, organized similarly to the second round of voting for Big Contest 2011. All contest participants can take part in voting (although they can not vote for the videos of their team), besides, there will be previously registered and invited judges from among well-known cretors and active commentators.
Each contest entry must be submitted in two variants: full version and efficiently compressed preview version.
Video codecs allowed: Main: x264. (Reserve: DivX, XviD)
Audio codecs allowed: Main: AAC. (Reserve: MP3, OGG)
Containers allowed: Main: MP4, MKV (for full version). (Reserve: AVI)
It is recommended to encode with AMVSimpleGUI or MeGUI, see the following articles:
- Full version is to be compressed at the rate of no more than 25 MB per minute of the video, no more than 50 MB per minute in case of HD-version. If you wish to extend the limit, you must send a request to administration explaining why the extension is needed.
- If you submit an HD-version of the video, it is suggested to add a standard definition version as well.
- Preview version: file size at the rate of exactly 3 MB per minute; resolution width 480 pixels. Encoding combination x264+AAC+MP4 via AMVSimpleGUI is highly recommended! This is the only way we guarantee that the online preview will be available for your video, as well as the best quality of the picture.
There will be only one winning team, and it takes the whole prize fund of 8000 roubles, which is to be shared equally between all team members who submitted videos. In addition to money every team member gets a diploma.
Registration of participants
Full teams register for participation in a special topic:
For those who have no team but wish to take part in the contest a special application topic exists:
How to enter your video::
1) Videos can be submitted from August 1st through August 20th, 2011, by registered contestants only.
2) Fill in the application form located here: http://amvnews.ru/index.php?go=Files&file=add
3) You should indicate the contest genre of your work in description field.
Choose " Team Battle 2011" as one of the categories. Make sure there was the website message "Thank you, your video has been added successfully" after the upload. Hereyou can see whether your video was added to the list for moderatorial check. Then you’ll either waityou’re your turn to see the video on site or you’ll get a private message from administrator requesting to correct the deficiencies found during the check. If any questions arise, contact the administrator via the private message.
Registration of judges
1) You can sign up as a judge in a special topic of contest forum.
2) Entry application for a judge can be submitted up to the beginning of the vote.
3) A user can only be accepted as a judge either if he/she comments actively and in detail on contest videos or if he/she has authority within AMV community (on condition that he/she will watch the required amount of videos).
4)Any judge can be disqualified before the vote begins without giving reasons
5) The contest participants can disqualify any invitee judge before the vote begins. An invitee judge will be disqualified if more than 5 participants cast vote against that judge.
The judges ought to define priorities for N videos in each of the nominations (i.e. place first the best video of the category and then others highest to lowest judging from the impression produced). Videos score points in accordance with a new exponential scheme (implies the increased significance of being ranked first)
N - number of participants in category
x - place the participant was ranked
Points the contestant gets equal N*(e)^((1 - x)/sqr(N))
Points given by all judges are summarized. A video with the majority of points wins in the category.
List of categories
1) Best video of the contest
2) Best Inside Out video
3) Best Monochrome video
4) Best Parody of Original video
5) Best Upbeat Party video
6) Best Not again! video
7) Best Trash video
8) Best Remaster video
9) Best Cross Over video
10) Best team intro.
Note: each video is to be nominated for voting in categories from 2 to 9 in accordance with the previously selected genre only.
Contest organizers reserve the right to change the contest date, as well as to change/add some details owing to unforeseen circumstances.