|Добавлено: Пн Сен 21, 2020 9:58 pm Заголовок сообщения: AMV Contest (Submissions Are Open!)
|As the title of this may suggest, I’m hosting an AMV contest, and anyone can enter! Please make sure that you’ve thoroughly read the rules before deciding to submit.
Everyone who submits an application will be given a link to a Discord server dedicated to the event. You don’t have to be a participant of the contest to join the server; anyone is welcome to chat and watch the submissions.
I’ll be compiling everyone’s submissions into a YouTube playlist. Though we’ll all be meeting up on Discord, the showing of the AMVs will be hosted on CyTube. For those who haven’t heard of it, it’s a site where you can watch videos in-sync with others. The reasons we’ll be using it instead of simply screensharing the playlist is due to the latter sometimes being a bit difficult for those with slower internet speeds, as well as its general interface being more convenient. It’s free, incredibly easy to sign up, and you’ll never receive any annoying emails from it. Note that while we will be using CyTube, anyone is free to join the VC on Discord during the event.
If you can’t join the AMV showing, I will link to the playlist afterwards on the server. Later, I will then open up a poll asking everyone which AMV was their favorite. Please note that only participants of the event will be able to vote. After giving everyone enough time to get their submissions in, I’ll announce the winner, who will receive a prize. The prize will be an Amazon gift card.
I may hold AMV contests like this yearly, though it depends on how successful this one is.
- In accordance with Discord’s ToS, you’ll need to be at least 13 years of age to submit/participate.
- The AMVs must be ones that you made. No MEPs (multi-editor projects) allowed.
- You’re free to use any genre of anime/music that you like, and you can use any kind of editing software.
- As this is an anime-centered contest, we will not be allowing western animation (including ones with an anime-inspired art style).
- You’re allowed to submit up to three AMVs. If you’re sending more than one, please do not send multiple applications for each video. Put all the links in one submission for my convenience.
- Your submissions do not have to be specifically made for this contest, though you can still make them if you’d like. You’re free to submit any AMV of yours you’ve made in the past that complies with the rules.
- The AMVs need to be uploaded to YouTube, whether they be public or unlisted. They can't be private.
- Your videos must have proper names. No titles that are just numbers, random nonsense, or are inappropriate. If you don’t know what to title your AMVs, just name them after the song you used.
- The minimum length for AMV submissions is at least a minute and thirty seconds long. The maximum is seven minutes.
- Your submissions must be SFW. In other words, no ecchi/hentai scenes or anything that includes excessive amounts of blood and/or gore. A couple of panty and bikini shots are okay, but these kinds of videos will be approved or denied on a case by case basis. This rule also extends to music. No songs with incredibly offensive names or lyrics.
- If one of your AMVs has already won another contest, please don’t submit it to this one.
- If it’s clear that any of your videos are intended to troll, your entire application will be discarded.
- Your submissions must not have subtitles or a watermark not created by you.
- Your videos shouldn’t just simply show a single scene with music playing over it. I must see actual effort being put in.
- The lowest video quality that will be accepted is 480p, though please try to at least make your videos 720p.
- Make sure that the audio quality is at least decent. It shouldn’t hurt your ears.
- Please be kind and respectful to the other participants and attendees. Constructive feedback is welcomed and appreciated, but straight-up bashing on another person’s hard work isn’t.
- You will be ineligible for the prize if you don’t vote for your favorite AMV.
- You may not ask or try to convince other participants to vote for your submission. If evidence of this is provided, anyone directly involved will immediately be disqualified.
- If you plan on joining the VC during the event, please make sure that your mic is of decent quality and that others will be able to understand you. If you know that you will have a lot of background noise, then enable push-to-talk. No intentional or repeated earrape in the VC, and try to keep conversations related to the contest.
- Aside from these rules, I want to give everyone as much creative freedom as possible. Whether the editing is simplistic or really flashy, any submissions will be respected and appreciated. Even if you're a new editor that doesn't have much self-confidence, you're still completely welcomed to participate.
If you agree with these rules and are interested in participating, here’s the link to the submission form: https://forms.gle/2oFanoLPULyrir1R8
Submissions will remain open for two weeks (October 5th), and I aim to officially start the event on October 10th. Please keep an eye on your email for the invite link to the server.
Hope to see you there!